11 of the best adventure experience gifts to ‘wow’ your friends and family this Christmas
If you have an avid adventurer on your holiday gift list, you might be wondering what to get the person who has seen and done it all. Lucky for you we’ve done the research and come up with a list of unique gift ideas that adventurers will love! Rather than gifting more “stuff” this Christmas, we have compiled a thrilling list of experiences that deliver good times and great memories. Please note that these are suggestions and you may find yourself needing to Google local providers in your area.
- PORTALEDGE CLIFF CAMPING: For those with a love of heights and sleeping in wild places, a night on a portaledge, fixed to a rock wall is a pretty impressive gift. The experience includes an abseil down to the portaledge to marvel at the overnight accommodation, topped off by unbeatable sunrise views. An experience to never forget!
2. BANFF MOUNTAIN FILM FESTIVAL 2023 TICKETS or OCEAN FILM FESTIVAL 2023 TICKETS: This is the perfect gift as it’s enjoyed by everyone, from the adrenalin junkie to the ‘backseat’ adventure lover, whoever it is, this is a win- win gift that you cant go wrong with. Best of all, you don’t even have to move to purchase this one. Just click on the links and buy right now and avoid the shops.
3. FORAGING WORKSHOP: Know someone who loves to learn about being be self sufficient? A Foraging workshop will teach them to identify wild edible plants, as well as learn the different plant stories, their nutritional values, their folklore, mystery and history! A very unique experience that we believe everyone should have at least once in their life.
4. CANYONING EXPERIENCE: Abseil down a rushing waterfall. Jump into the waters of a pool far below. Scramble over river rocks. Rope climb up a cliff wall. Put all these activities together and you’ve got canyoning- pretty much the perfect adventure gift all wrapped up with a bow on top. If you know an adventure lover and want to spoil them this year, then this is the gift for you- it’s a popular one though so run don’t walk!
5. CAVING COURSE Another winner for those real adventure hungry people in your life is this extraordinary caving course. Climb, squeeze and crawl! Great for body, mind, self-confidence, teamwork and for anyone who wants something really different. Such a great gift idea for the adventurous!
6. TANDEM SKYDIVING or PARAGLIDING: It can’t get any better than seeing the earth from birds eye view and floating on top of clouds! Take Christmas from lame to insane with this epic adventure experience, a gift that won’t be forgotten.
7. KAYAKING COURSE OR GUIDED EXPERIENCE: The ideal gift for the water lover in your life! Whether they are super adventurous and want to hone their whitewater skills or are just starting out and would benefit from a guided kayak tour, there are loads of options to choose from all around Australia!
8. ESCAPE ROOM: Give the gift of mystery and adrenaline pumping action this year with a gift voucher to one of entertainments hottest trends right now- an escape room. Experience an intense hour-long game of solving clues, puzzles and riddles within team to escape the room before the time is up. A fun and intellectually challenging activity, you could even gift a voucher to everyone in your family or friend circle and go together and test your skills- what a night!
9. CAMPING FOR THE WEEKEND: Do the research and book a campsite on private land, create your own CAMPING WEEKEND VOUCHER and surprise your outdoors loving friends and family. Websites like Hip Camp have a great range of campsites on farms etc that are off the beaten track and ideal for bringing people together to connect, get closer to nature and make memories.
10. SURVIVAL WORKSHOP: Enhance knowledge, confidence and connection to nature with a gift voucher for a survival workshop. (This one has the bonus of giving you a skilled up buddy to head out on adventures with: WIN WIN!)
11. SLACKLINING WORKSHOPS: Encourage your family or friends to try something new or perhaps something they’ve always wanted to do but never got around to it. Slacklining is not only fun and exhilarating but is known to improve the stability of your ankles, knees, hips and spine.
From practical to high adrenaline thrills, these gift experiences are sure to be a hit. Adventure is for everyone! Life is short, let’s spend it doing the things we love (and avoid the “stuff” overload this Christmas).