1.1 ADVENTURE REELS PTY LTD
Adventure reels Pty Ltd curate and tour niche film festivals including but not limited to the Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival, Gutsy Girls Adventure Film Tour, Top Dog Film Festival, Radical Reels Tour, Ocean Film Festival World Tour, She Surfs Film Tour.
Through these varied businesses, Adventure Reels collects information from customers and other parties with whom we deal for a variety of reasons including to enable Adventure Reels to provide goods and services. Adventure Reels collects both personal information as defined in the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth)(Privacy Act) and non-personal information and data.
Adventure Reels takes seriously its obligations in respect of the personal information it collects. To safeguard that information, Adventure Reels is committed to ensuring compliance with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
2.1 Nature of Information
The personal information which Adventure Reels collects depends on the nature of your interactions with us. We may collect personal information about consumers, members of loyalty programs, suppliers, contractors, employment applicants, and other parties we deal with (customers).
The personal information may include:
- name, gender, date of birth, contact details;
- email address, phone number:
- film festivals attended and location attended; and
- information about your use of our goods and services and other goods and services you may be interested in.
2.2 How Adventure Reels Collects Personal Information
Adventure Reels may collect personal information when a customer uses our services or purchases our goods, registers to receive our communications, enters a competition or promotion managed by us (including where a third party organisation is the promoter), visits our websites, completes a survey or otherwise interacts with us.
There may be occasions when Adventure Reels collects personal information about a customer from a third party. These third parties may include agents and other people who sell goods or services to customers for us (for example ticketing services like Humanitix or our venue partners) or who interact with customers on our behalf; third parties who run competitions and other promotions for us; and social media. Adventure Reels engages third parties who provide us with information about customers collected from publicly available sources or from their own databases.
In accordance with the APPs, where practical, customers may deal with Adventure Reels anonymously. However, frequently it is necessary to collect personal information during the course of transactions.
2.3 What happens if Personal Information is not provided?
Adventure Reels may not be able to provide a proper service to customers or undertake the activities set out at 3.1 if personal information is not provided upon request.
- understand its customers and their preferences;
- facilitate and improve a customer’s website browsing experience;
- better understand how its websites are used; and
- provide customised messages and advertising personalised to customer’s interests.
If a subscriber to an Adventure Reels mailing list enters a competition or promotion managed by us, the Cookie Data Adventure Reels collects will be linked with that member’s or subscriber’s personal information.
You can configure your Internet browser to erase Cookie Data from your computer or device, prevent the collection of Cookie Data or receive a warning before a collection of Cookie Data. If a customer disables the collection of, or deletes, Cookie Data on their web browser then they may not be able to gain access to all the content and facilities of Adventure Reels’ websites.
2.5 Data Collection and Use
Adventure Reels may use Cookie Data, data from third parties, Google Analytics (including Google remarketing) and Facebook remarketing to deliver targeted advertisements or content to a customer about products and services based on the webpages visited and the way in which that customer accesses its websites.
With your permission, location data may be collected via certain Adventure Reels apps, to personalise services and functionality for you.
Adventure Reels may aggregate data collected via these sources with other information collected from customers. To the extent that this data or information constitutes personal information, Adventure Reels will only use the information in accordance with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
2.6 Data Disclosure
Adventure Reels engages with third parties (Marketers) to enable delivery of targeted advertising and promotional content when customers visit Adventure Reels’ websites or third party websites. Targeted content may advertise Adventure Reels’ goods and services or the goods and services of a third party. Marketers which Adventure Reels discloses data to (such as Cookie Data) include companies providing advertising services or data analysis and also:
(a) Google: Adventure Reels’s websites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service. A data privacy statement regarding the use of Cookie Data by Google Analytics can be found at: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. Customers can prevent Google from detecting a cookie that is generated because of and related to their usage of a website (including their IP address) as well as processing of the data by downloading and installing this browser plugin: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en; and
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 Use of Personal Information
Adventure Reels may use personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide and administer goods and services, such as verifying a customer’s identity contacting customers about orders and bookings and processing payments;
- to conduct our business in a safe and efficient manner including complying with relevant public health orders;
- to operate competitions, promotions and events managed by Adventure Reels (including where we provide this service on behalf of third party organisations);
- to distribute communications itself or with the assistance of third party service providers;
- to provide customer support, including assistance with ordering goods and services and responding to other enquiries or requests;
- to conduct marketing activities for Adventure Reels’s goods and services, or goods and services of third parties, and to conduct market and other research to improve Adventure Reels’s products, services and marketing activities;
- to create aggregate data through demographic profiling and statistical analysis of the database to provide to third parties and to allow for more efficient operation of Adventure Reels’ businesses;
- to conduct market research and analysis;
- to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims;
- fraud prevention; and
- to maintain records and comply with Australian law.
3.2 Disclosure of Personal Information
- officers, employees or contractors of Adventure Reels in order to discharge their duties;
- third parties where Adventure Reels believes that access is necessary to achieve the purpose for which the personal information was collected;
- service providers (such as auditors, accountants and lawyers) and other professional services firms;
- law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and government bodies and other authorities to whom Adventure Reels is required to disclose personal information under any law, regulation, order or direction, including in respect of a pandemic or state of emergency;
- computer security companies and hosting services;
3.3 Storage and Security
Personal information may be stored in hard copy, electronic files or both. Hard copy personal information is wherever practical, kept under locked security. Personal information stored on computer is wherever practical, password protected. Adventure Reels uses third party information system providers who may store or have access to personal information. Where possible and practical, Adventure Reels will endeavour to comply with recognised Australian and international standards relating to information security. Adventure Reels deletes and de-identifies personal information when the information is no longer needed by Adventure Reels.
3.4 Updating Personal Information
Adventure Reels monitors the quality and accuracy of personal information that it maintains and where practical, updates personal information on a regular basis. Customers can update or correct their personal information at any time by contacting Adventure Reels’ Privacy Officer.
5. DIRECT MARKETING
Personal information collected for direct marketing purposes will only be collected, used or disclosed with the consent of the customer.
However, in some circumstances where Adventure Reels cannot practically obtain the consent of a customer, Adventure Reels may still engage in direct marketing, but will:
- include an ‘unsubscribe’ facility so customers can unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time or contact the Privacy Officer to remove the customer’s details from the mailing list; and
- include a prominent statement to the effect that a customer may make such a request.
6. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Customers wishing to request access to, or correct, personal information held by Adventure Reels should contact the Privacy Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org
Adventure Reels will provide access to the information held about the individual, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under the APPs or otherwise under the Privacy Act. Any request to provide access to this information will be dealt with within a reasonable time.
If Adventure Reels refuses to provide a customer with access to their personal information, Adventure Reels will provide written reasons and the customer’s options with respect to the refusal. Loyalty program members may update their own profile information online or by contacting the Privacy Officer.
7. WHO TO CONTACT
Adventure Reels is committed to working with its customers to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy.
If you have a concern about your privacy or a query on how your personal information is collected or used please contact Adventure Reels using the details below. We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied with Adventure Reels’s response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
PO Box 340
Newport Beach NSW 2106